Logging in from SSH2 PuTTY

Greg Brown gregb_ka6max@hotmail.com
Thu, 4 Sep 2003 15:19:25 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Conserver Users,

I am using Conserver 7.2.7 to monitor the consoles of 60 Unix servers and am
very pleased with it's performance and features.

I am hardening the Conserver Unix host and requiring SSH2 logins.  Most
administrators are using PuTTY, a freeware terminal emulator with SSH2
built-in.

When a user logs in with password authentication and puts in their password
after the "console xxxxx" command, all works well.

When a user attempts to use public key encryption, connects, and types in
their passphrase, they get a "Sorry." message.

I am trying to automate the logon process by having PuTTY called with
arguments from a web page.  Depending on which link they click for the
particular host they want to console to, PuTTY is called and the "console
xxxxx" command is entered automatically by PuTTY.  Problem is, the "Sorry."
message comes back.

Bryan, I know that with my version of Conserver on HP/UX 11.0 that system
passwords are limitted to 8 characters in order to work with Conserver.  Do
you have any ideas?

Thanks for a such a useful application!

Greg Brown
Computer Sciences Corporation
San Diego Data Center

Fast, faster, fastest: Upgrade to Cable or DSL today!
https://broadband.msn.com