Sending F1, F2, etc.

Bruce Pennypacker bpennypacker@directhit.com
Tue, 24 Sep 2002 10:15:32 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,

We have three RedHat 7.2 servers with Cyclades Z series serial cards and
running conserver 7.2.2 to manage about 100 servers.  Everything has
been going great with the setup but I'm now running into a stumbling
block.  Some of our servers are standard PC based systems and I need to
be able to hit F1, F2, etc. during bootup to get into the BIOS settings
or to bypass various warnings.

According to the information at http://www.jimprice.com/jim-asc.htm the
keyboard code for F1 is a combination of decimal 00 and 59.  I tried
adding BREAK1=\000\073 to my conserver.cf but when I issue the break the
server doesn't recognize it.  So what am I doing wrong?  How do I go
about getting conserver to issue an F1 or other similar keystroke?

Thanks,

Bruce