TRU64 question

Parkin Frank - fparki fparki@acxiom.co.uk
Tue, 17 Sep 2002 09:10:35 -0700 (PDT)

We have several TRU64 servers whose console serial cables are connected to a
DEC 900 terminal server.

We currently use TECSys Consoleworks for remote administration but we are
looking for an alternative.

I have set-up one console. When I try to connect I get the following
message:

		./console bfm
		console: bfm is down
		[Enter `^Ec?' for help]
		[read-only -- use ^E c ? for help]

The console log (nohup) reports only the following ...

		conserver (75809): bfm: login root@mersey [Tue Sep 17
16:49:08 2002]
		conserver (75809): bfm: logout root@mersey [Tue Sep 17
16:54:43 2002]

conserver.cf reads ...

		LOGDIR=/var/consoles
		bfm:!10.92.54.13:2022:&:
		%%
		trusted: mersey

conserver.passwd reads ...

	any:*passwd*:any

/etc/services reads ...

	console         782/tcp         conserver

Output from from conserver -V ...

	conserver: conserver.com version 7.2.2
		conserver: default access type `r'
		conserver: default escape sequence `^Ec'
		conserver: configuration in `/usr/local/etc/conserver.cf'
		conserver: password in `/usr/local/etc/conserver.passwd'
		conserver: logfile is `/var/log/conserver'
		conserver: pidfile is `/var/run/conserver.pid'
		conserver: limited to 16 members per group
		conserver: on port 782 (referenced as `conserver')
		conserver: secondary channel base port 0 (referenced as `0')
		conserver: built with `./configure --with-64bit
--with-master=mersey'

DEC server 900 config is as follows ...

		Local> DEFINE PORT 5 ACCESS REMOTE AUTOBAUD DISABLED
		Local> DEFINE PORT 5 SPEED 9600 MODEM CONTROL ENABLED
		Local> DEFINE PORT 5 AUTOPROMPT DISABLED BROADCAST DISABLED
		Local> DEFINE PORT 5 PREFERRED NONE DEDICATED NONE
		Local> LOGOUT PORT 5
		Local> CHANGE TELNET LISTENER 2005 PORT 5 ENABLED
		Local> CHANGE TELNET LISTENER 2005 CONNECTIONS ENABLED

Can anyone point me in the right direction? The DEC 900 settings work fine
with Consoleworks therefore I am assuming that this a conserver set-up
problem.

Thanks
Frank

named above, and may be legally privileged.
If the reader of this message is not the intended
distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly
prohibited.
please re-send this communication to the sender and
delete the original message or any copy of it from your
computer system. Thank You.