Re: debugging help needed

Kjell Andresen kjell.andresen@usit.uio.no
Mon, 25 Nov 2002 12:25:07 -0800 (PST)

Bryan Stansell <bryan@conserver.com>:

> On Mon, Nov 25, 2002 at 08:48:58AM +0100, Kjell Andresen wrote:
> > I've been compiling and using v7.2.4 on Solaris for quite some time.
> > I compiled for linux as well, but I'm not able to use conserver on my
> > newly reinstalled RH v7.3 conserver:
> >
> > laberbris.uio.no# /local/conserver/bin/console dyret
> > console: localhost: access from your host refused
> >
> > On http://folk.uio.no/kjell/conserver.txt I've put up the information
> > and tests I've done in order to solve this problem.
> > But apparently I seem to need some help solving this.
>
> hmm...bizarre.  things certainly look like they're set up
> appropriately.  could you run conserver with the -D flag and try the
> client?  you'll get 'Access check:' debug messages that will help fill
> in the details and perhaps that will clue us in on the issues.

This really was helpful; "localhost.localdomain" was in the hosts file

> let me know what the output is, ok?  it might also be useful to know
> the contents of /etc/hosts as well.

- just like you suspected I believe:

laberbris.uio.no# diff hosts hosts~
3c3
< 127.0.0.1             localhost
---
> 127.0.0.1             localhost.localdomain localhost

I don't know why I didn't check and how it was put in there.

Thanks a lot!

Regards,
Kjell Andresen  Systems administrator, University of Oslo, Norway
                Center for Information Technology Services and
                Department of Geophysics