adding new consoles

Brian Stiner bstiner@lucent.com
Mon, 25 Nov 2002 14:25:17 -0800 (PST)

I work in an dynamic environment where we need to add more consoles,
periodically; thus we need to execute:

  conserver -d -C <conserer.cf file> -P <conserver.passwd file>

whenever we need to add more consoles to our 'conserver.cf' file.

If I execute the above command, I beleive I need to kill all of the
'conserver' processes first.  But, by doing so, this will knock
eveyone out of their console connections who are already connected.

QUESTION?

So, how do I add more consoles witout distrupting other users??

  Can I run the above command with a 'conserver.cf' file that just
  has the new consoles to add?

  Or can I add another entry in the /etc/services file and pass
  a port option?

Looking for suggestions!
Thanks for any help!!