Re: debugging help needed

Bryan Stansell bryan@conserver.com
Mon, 25 Nov 2002 08:32:51 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, Nov 25, 2002 at 08:48:58AM +0100, Kjell Andresen wrote:
> I've been compiling and using v7.2.4 on Solaris for quite some time.
> I compiled for linux as well, but I'm not able to use conserver on my
> newly reinstalled RH v7.3 conserver:
>
> laberbris.uio.no# /local/conserver/bin/console dyret
> console: localhost: access from your host refused
>
> On http://folk.uio.no/kjell/conserver.txt I've put up the information
> and tests I've done in order to solve this problem.
> But apparently I seem to need some help solving this.

hmm...bizarre.  things certainly look like they're set up
appropriately.  could you run conserver with the -D flag and try the
client?  you'll get 'Access check:' debug messages that will help fill
in the details and perhaps that will clue us in on the issues.  let me
know what the output is, ok?  it might also be useful to know the
contents of /etc/hosts as well.

Bryan