Conserver 7.1.3 & Netapp Filers

Glenn Grimes glenn.grimes@eircom.net
Wed, 15 May 2002 07:43:28 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,

Is anyone out there using conserver to connect to a netapp filer.  I
have tried all variations of cabling, straight/rolled/crossover, with
different DB9 connectors, (the conserver server & the filer are a few
meters apart, set up is Conserver_PC -> Cisco 2620 -> Patch Panel ->
Patch Panel -> Filer).

Netapp filers in general use a normal DB9 male connector and a rolled
cable.  I have tried making new DB9 connectors with Pins 2 & 3 swapped
etc but also with no luck.  I have tried connecting my patching into a
PC and it is working fine with conserver, I am receiving a signal light
on the 2620, but when I connect to the filer I do not receive a signal
back at the Cisco 2620.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rgds,

Glenn