Re: Sun RSC console

Trevor Fiatal trevor@seven.com
Tue, 12 Feb 2002 09:30:44 -0800 (PST)

"Gobbo, Carl (CCL)" wrote:

> But you would need to have a login and password for the RSC port.  Then pass
> the commands for console.  I just have to find the time to write a script
> that will connect and pass the correct commands to the rsc.
>
> Example:
> telnet somehost-rsc
> Connected to somehost-rsc
> Escape character is '^]'.
>
> RSC version 2.1 (somehost-rsc)
>
> Please login: conuser
> Please Enter password:
>
> rsc> console

That'd be more elegant than my solution, I suppose.  We just create
a low-privileged RSC user and leave it logged in and set to 'console'
mode.  It's pretty rare that the low-privilege user would get
logged out or escaped back to the RSC, so this isn't a hassle at all.

-T.

--
Trevor Fiatal -- trevor@seven.com -- http://www.seven.com/
Co-Founder, CSO