Re: conserver with encryption

Iain Rae iainr@dcs.ed.ac.uk
Mon, 21 May 2001 08:51:59 -0700 (PDT)

> You guys talk about encryption but has anyone actually tried to implement
> it in this type of software.  It takes a trmendous amount of work and
> investment from someone to do this.  It's easy to say I want SSH II or I
> want SSH I.  It is a very different thing to be the one to code it.  sorry
> to be blunt but we've been in this circumstance.   OpenSSH is very big.

<nods> yes, that's why I've shied away from ssh.

I have a hacked together copy of conserver/console which is using a very basic
ssl configuration, if I were doing this for us (DCS) I'd hand off
authentication to PAM which ought to make it a bit easier but would limit it
in terms of platforms.

--
Iain Rae			Tel:01316505202
Computing Officer		JCMB:2148