Re: conserver (1046): open: /dev/ttyC0: No such device

Bryan Stansell bryan@conserver.com
Sat, 8 Dec 2001 16:40:31 -0800 (PST)

Well, I'm not sure what the problem might be, but here's a couple of
suggestions.  First, try accessing the ports with minicom or some other
serial port access program (kermit, tip, etc).  If those fail as well,
you've got a generic access problem and you should look into the
Cyclades bits.  One possible explanation is that you'd need to bring
the carrier detect line high on the ports before accessing them is
possible.  I seem to remember seeing that as the default option with a
digi terminal server - and it was a selectable option (using the digi
tools you could turn off that requirement or access a different device
name or something like that).

Not sure how much help that is, but if you haven't gotten anywhere yet,
maybe one of those ideas will help diagnose the problem.  As for the
conserver setup, things look configured correctly.

Bryan