Re: Why Does conserverd grap a tty for each connection?

Matott, Scott Scott.Matott@htc.com
Thu, 26 Apr 2001 15:57:26 -0700 (PDT)

In message <988323430.3ae89e667d683@www.stansell.org> you write:
>Well, this is kinda interesting...there are spaces between the '@' and the IP
>address.  My guess is that there's something to that.  Eeeek!  I just had a
>peek at the code.  Do you have a space between the '!' and the hostname/IP
>address in the .cf file?  If so, remove the extra spaces and see if that works

	Unbelieveable!!!!  There was a space, I got rid of it and it worked!!!

        Wow!  Oh this is great!!  THis is the 'right' way to be doing it anyhow!Plus all those telnet sessions, plus a wrapper script (which I was hiding from you all, since the telnet client ran as root needed a wrapper script to give it restircted shell and no path (otheriwse malicious users could get root shell!)
PLus I had actually modified the source so that if you told it to send a break it would send the escape sequence for the telnet client plus the phrase "send brk\n"

	Oh that's so nice!!  Can't believe I did all that because of a syntax error!!

>(I'm assuming ALL consoles are forced down, not just the two you mentioned).
>And, thrown in a '-v' flag to conserver....that will show us what it's doing
>with the hostname/IP address when reading the configuration file (is it
>stripping extra spaces, which I think it isn't, or is it adding spaces, etc).

The output I get with the space is:
conserver: 0: conanx2-port39 is network on  139.172.204.107/23 logged to /unique/data/logs/console/conanx2-port39.log
conserver: 0: conanx7-port2 is network on  139.172.205.146/23 logged to /unique/data/logs/console/conanx7-port2.log
conserver: 0: conanx1-port11 is network on  139.172.204.13/23 logged to /unique/data/logs/console/conanx1-port11.log
conserver: group 0 on port 32866
conserver: access type 't' for "console"
conserver: access type 't' for "localhost"
conserver: connect: conanx2-port39 (23@ 139.172.204.107): Connection refused: forcing down
conserver: connect: conanx7-port2 (23@ 139.172.205.146): Connection refused: forcing down
conserver: connect: conanx1-port11 (23@ 139.172.204.13): Connection refused: forcing down

Hope that helps, and thank you all for you help!

Who says you can't get good support on freeware??

Thanks,
Scott Matott sXe