Re: Conserver on Solaris 11.4

Bryan Stansell bryan@conserver.com
Tue, 18 Feb 2020 16:57:15 +0000 (UTC)

> "/bin/ssh smex32a-sp -l root" on its own from the command line, connects and lets me input the password.

You’ll need to get key-based authentication working. There’s no place for ssh to ask for a password from a user (it wants to bypass stdin/stdout).

I believe that’s the root of the problem.  How that may be different than your Solaris 10 setup is a bit of a mystery, but could that be bypassing a password prompt?  Or I’m totally misinterpreting all this and I’m totally off base. ;-)

Bryan