Re: what is normal conserver hang during reconfig

Denis Hainsworth denis.hainsworth@gmail.com
Tue, 25 Oct 2016 18:16:49 GMT

On Tue, Oct 25, 2016 at 08:00:16AM -0700, Zonker via users wrote:
> To Bryan's  point about DNS lookups, I expect that my main conserver will
> be the first thing online (and then then network comes up...) and it will
> be the last thing down. As a result, I have all of my console servers
> listed in the /etc/hosts file, and I look at the file first. I have 67
> conserverver child processes with 16 ports under each, and my hup is just a
> few seconds.

Yeah DNS is a hit but its dwarfed by what I was seeing.  Understand my
"small" site has 72 children and HUPs in 3s now that I'm reading in
only the configs it manages (aka its now no longer a master).
My large site has 126 children :) even with paring it
down to only the stuff it manages.  Thats now HUPing in 13s.
We have other boxes that can continue to serve as masters.
-denis