Re: Conserver and ssh

Brandon Stout bstout@squareup.com
Mon, 21 Apr 2014 18:26:49 GMT

thanks Nathan, I actually was trying that right after I sent this email and added this

default opengear-ssh { type exec; portbase 2000; portinc 1;
                   exec /usr/bin/ssh -p P -l tsuser H;
                   execsubst H=hs,P=Pd; }

still not working though with just about nothing useful in the logs. Doesn't hang but it still doesn't work. Just empty space and no output.

On Mon, Apr 21, 2014 at 10:39 AM, Nathan Straz <nstraz@redhat.com> wrote:
On Apr 21 10:29, Brandon Stout wrote:
> hello, I am trying to use conserver to connect to serial ports over ssh and
> it is hanging. When I go direct it works fine (i am using Opengear IMX4248):
>
> [bstout@lab etc]$ ssh root@172.24.19.40 -p 3002
> default full { rw *; }
> default opengear  { type host; portbase 3000; portinc 1; }
> default * {
> logfile /var/log/conserver;
> timestamp 1hab;
> include full;
> master localhost;
> }
> default console01 { include opengear; host console01; }
> console dr01.arista { include console01; port 1; }
> console dr02.arista { include console01; port 2; }
> Has anyone gotten this to work using ssh?

I think you need to use the exec host type and setup the right execsubst
to get ssh to use the right port number.  The "host" type is just a raw
TCP socket connection.

Nate