conserver/firewall

Donald Clark dclarkjr@wowway.com
Wed, 6 Feb 2013 02:09:53 GMT

On the local LAN the console/conserver are working fine. When I go through the firewall I can see the packets landing on the server (tcpdump) but the server sends a FIN before the connection happens. The conserver log files are clean (don't see a connection at all) for the external user (but I can see the connection via tcpdump. In my conserver.cf I have a trusted 0.0.0.0/0 but is it possible that outside connections are not being allowed? Just thought I would ask, before I go down a path that someone else already went down. The client can issue console -u and get the list of consoles. But when doing console <name> the connection doesn't work. Client sees the following error:
console: connect(): 60876@home.somedomain.com: Connection timed out

Ubuntu server - conserver.com version 8.1.18
Ubuntu client

Thanks for giving it a read.