Re: logfilemax

Bryan Stansell bryan@conserver.com
Sat, 7 Jan 2012 22:57:58 GMT

On Jan 7, 2012, at 9:50 AM, Chris Fowler wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Is there an option to tell conserver to not accumulate files and simply
> truncate vs copy?  I'm trying to keep from accumulating a directory of
> files and I do not want a cron job that will go out and delete them all.

Yep, there's no support for that at the moment.  There could be an unlink() added to the end of RollLogs() function in conserver/group.c.

> I also noticed that conserver does not support an option for character
> size.  I know that some of this has to do with emulating MARK and SPACE
> parity.  I can not remember now if I added support in 7.2.7 for
> character size.  I've perused the code and sure enough can not find it.
> I'm running 8.1.18.  I think I will be connecting to some devices that
> may be 7,E,1.  I'm not totally sure so I am not going to do the work of
> implementing CSIZE yet.  I want to make sure I'm not barking up the
> wrong tree here.

The parity setting you define in the config will trigger some of this.  There's a mapping in conserver/consent.c:

struct parity parity[] = {
   {"even", PARENB | CS7, 0},
   {"mark", PARENB | CS7 | PARODD | PAREXT, 0},
   {"none", CS8, 0},
   {"odd", PARENB | CS7 | PARODD, 0},
   {"space", PARENB | CS7 | PAREXT, 0},
};

So, use even parity and you end up with 7,E,1 (in theory, at least).

Bryan