Console Variables

Ben Batten benbatten@gmail.com
Wed, 16 Sep 2009 12:19:06 GMT

Is it possible to use variable substitutions/interpolations in
conserver.cf?  I'm looking to shorten the numerous console definitions
I have by utilizing a default but interpolate a host name from the
command line in the default block.  So in my conserver.cf file I have:

default somedefault { somestuff; ssh $consolehost; }

console consolehostA { include somedefault }

console consolehostB { include somedefault }

console consolehostZ { include somedefault }

Then on the command line I type:

console consolehostA

... and I get hostA or hostP or whichever host console I type.

Make sense?

TIA!

Ben--