Re: question about conserver scaling out ability

Andras.Horvath Andras.Horvath@cern.ch
Wed, 18 Nov 2009 08:23:50 GMT

On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 08:58:47AM +0100, Fabien Wernli wrote:

> Whatever optimization you'll end up using, you will have to use more than
> one conserver.

FWIW, we're using one conserver node for every 2-300 machines right now,
and an external method to identify each client's "headnode". We'll
probably not scale up into the thousands of clients per machine simply
because downtime on a "headnode" would then mean thousands of
inaccessible consoles.

Andras

--
Andras HORVATH