Re: question about conserver scaling out ability

Fabien Wernli wernli@in2p3.fr
Wed, 18 Nov 2009 07:59:00 GMT

On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 03:29:44PM +0800, Guang Cheng Li wrote:
> We did try some scaling tuning for conserver, but does not seem quite
> helpful. Could you give me some further instructions on the conserver
> scaling tuning? thank you.

Whatever optimization you'll end up using, you will have to use more than
one conserver.

The neat thing about conserver.cf is that you can have exactly the same
across different servers, and when one fails, if your consoles are SOL
controlled, you can just s/conserver1/conserver2/ for these and reload
the service.

We for one handle the configuration changes' sync using cvs.