Re: memleak?

Bryan Stansell bryan@conserver.com
Thu, 11 Jun 2009 23:28:48 GMT

On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 05:13:34PM +0200, Fabien Wernli wrote:
> I know there's some ipmitool processes which seem to memleak, and which I
> kill on a regular basis. However, this seems to be the case with conserver
> processes themselves, and to a bigger extent.
>
> Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong?

What version are you using?  I don't want to assume.

There's also the --with-dmalloc configure option, which I've used in the
past to track down and eliminate leaks.  I can't guarantee they're all
gone, but it was an effort (at one point) to remove any I can find).
Those additional hooks might come in handy.

Bloat like this shouldn't happen...so there's definitely a problem
*somewhere*.

Bryan