memleak?

Fabien Wernli wernli@in2p3.fr
Thu, 11 Jun 2009 15:13:42 GMT

Hi,

I'm having some memory related problems on linux 2.6 x64.
One of our conserver handles 1700 consoles, most of which are 'exec' types.
1300 use 'ipmitool' wrappers.

Of course there's lots of ipmitools in the process list.
Also, there's 100 conserver processes which use around 8M of RAM each upon
startup. Now these grow over time, reaching huge amounts (over 200M each).
I know there's some ipmitool processes which seem to memleak, and which I
kill on a regular basis. However, this seems to be the case with conserver
processes themselves, and to a bigger extent.

Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong?