Re: Problems with conserver after OS upgrade

Bryan Stansell bryan@conserver.com
Mon, 8 Jun 2009 06:05:47 GMT

Yep, something is broken dealing with enumerating all the interfaces.
Looks like it thinks there are 31 of them (is that even close?)...but
it's not saying anything about them, so something isn't looking right.

I don't have access to NetBSD machines (that I know of), but what
version are you running?  5.0?  other?

A quick search found this thread:

http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-userlevel/2009/03/22/msg001912.html

which talks about how 5.0 is much less tolerant of apps that don't use
SIOCGIFCONF "correctly" (which could very well be the problem - but
conserver works across many platforms, so I wonder what's up).  Probably
something simple to fix, but their suggested change is basically what
conserver already does.  Is HAVE_SA_LEN defined in config.h (where you
built conserver)?  Could be it isn't auto-detecting the right thing.
Just random guesses since I can't see it in person.

Bryan