Re: packet filtering vs. conserver

Bryan Stansell bryan@conserver.com
Thu, 20 Aug 2009 04:22:00 GMT

secondaryport is what you want.  Something like:

config * {
    secondaryport 9900;
}

tells conserver to start allocating from port 9900 for it's secondary
ports.  'conserver -V' will show you both the primary port and secondary
port range.  If you do something like:

config * {
    primaryport 782;
    secondaryport 783;
}

It would make the main port 782, and then start allocating from 783 for
the rest...up to the number of conserver processes forked off.

Or you could do:

config * {
    primaryport conserver;
    secondaryport conserver-child;
}

and put whatever values into /etc/services for those names.

The configure option --with-port sets primaryport and --with-base sets
secondaryport, to have them compiled in instead.

Bryan