Re: Connecting to pSeries LPAR

Nathan Straz nstraz@redhat.com
Sun, 7 Sep 2008 20:19:23 -0700 (PDT)

On Sep  3 10:10, William P LePera wrote:
> Easiest way would be to configure unprompted ssh between your server and
> the target HMC/IVM.  Then you should be able to configure an "exec" type
> console and use "ssh padmin@ivmhostname mkvt -id lparid" or "ssh
> hscroot@hmchostname mkvterm -m managedystemname --id lparid" as the command
> to execute.

That's roughly what I ended up doing.  I created a separate user,
console, for conserver to connect to and created RSA and DSA identities.
I found the mkvt is actually an alias which isn't available when you ssh
in to run a command so my final exec command line looks like this:

console lpar1 {
        type exec;
        exec ssh -i /root/.ssh/console_dsa -l console -t lpar ioscli mkvt -id 2;
}

The -t is there to force allocating a tty which is needed by the mkvt
command.

Nate