Re: Re: conserver extras

Fabien Wernli wernli@in2p3.fr
Mon, 17 Nov 2008 15:00:03 GMT

Hi,

On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 03:40:10PM +0100, Andras.Horvath@cern.ch wrote:
> I don't. Each headnode only knows only its own clients. From the same
> central database that is used to configure the headnodes, a DNS alias is
> registered as "myclienthost.headnode.cern.ch" to point to the actual
> headnode, and this is what end users use to actually connect to the
> respective consoles.

Our conservers share the same conserver.cf using crond and cvs.
The nice part is being able to 'console myserver' on any of the conservers
without knowing which console is being served by which conserver.

> Because it's there and unused :), and because ttyS devices are
> 660 root:uucp by default in RHEL5. Why not?

Fair enough, but conserver isn't intended solely for linux/rhel so I guess
Bryan wouldn't want that in the common source tree.

> I had a look of what's up there, and I mostly don't need that (the most
> common use case is standard serial or standard IPMI 2.0 SOL). The ILOM
> one certainly looks interesting, but how do you pass
> username/password/key to ssh?

It's an expect tcl script.
I tried these sunoem sshkey ipmi commands on some X4500 without success.
Also Sun promised some development to be made for IPMI SOL to work, but I
wouldn't expect too much from their side.