Re: Is conserver multi-threaded?

Nathan Straz nstraz@redhat.com
Wed, 16 Jan 2008 14:42:22 -0800 (PST)

On Jan 16 14:14, Christopher McKee wrote:
> As the subject line states I'd like to know whether
> or not conserver is multi-threaded.  From what I've
> seen I think it is single-threaded but would like
> a definitive statement to that effect.  I have
> a few different types of machines that I could
> use to deploy it on and knowing the answer to my
> question would help me to choose wisely.

While conserver is single threaded, there is an option (compile time I
think) which sets how many consoles are handled by each conserver
process.  So multiple CPUs are used by the fact that there are probably
multiple processes handling all of the consoles.

Still, I don't think handling console output is all that CPU intensive.

Nate Straz