Re: Odd ctrl-s problem.

Bryan Stansell bryan@conserver.com
Thu, 7 Feb 2008 15:34:41 -0800 (PST)

you can just use:

    idlestring "^Q";

(a literal carat and Q - two characters)

conserver should only be sending characters it's told to send (the only
exception i can think of is when it's doing telnet option negotiation).
the ssh command is being run withing a pseudo-tty and those layers
*might* be doing something.  for example, there could be things buried
in shell startup scripts (since conserver cranks off a /bin/sh to
actually run the command) or some unexpected stty setting on the
pseudo-tty.

i'm lacking on any concrete ideas, however.  well, aside from using
truss/strace and seeing if there are ctrl-s characters flying around.

Bryan