RE: console connection prompts for root password

Harris, David (IT Solutions US) david.k.harris@siemens.com
Tue, 25 Sep 2007 08:32:04 -0700 (PDT)

   You are describing the difference between an 'allowed' connection,
and a 'trusted' connection. :-)

  In your conserver.cf file, at the bottom, try adding the IP address of
the machine you are using the client from, and denoting it as "trusted".
This presumes that you have faith in the authentication on the 'client',
so then Conserver will not challenge you again for the password as you
connect through the server. :-)

        -Z-

David 'Zonker' Harris
Silicon Valley Service Delivery Center, Network Operations

Siemens IT Solutions and Services, Inc.
Infrastructure Management Services
39600 Eureka Drive
Newark, CA  94560