console connection prompts for root password

Lisa Doherty Lisa.Doherty@nau.edu
Mon, 24 Sep 2007 23:21:13 -0700 (PDT)

I'm new to this list and to conserver. I have just set up an OpenGear CM4148 console server attached to a single conserver client machine running RedHat AS 4. Things seem to be working fine, but I'd like to make a change to the password behavior.

Currently, I log in to the conserver client machine and attach to "console fred". The MOTD appears and I have to press the Enter key to continue. The I am prompted for a root password. Once I enter that, I get a console login prompt "fred console login: ". Is there a way to configure conserver so that there is not a prompt for the root password before receiving the console login prompt?

I would like to be able to just attach to the console using "console fred" and get the "fred console login: " prompt without having any other password prompt in between.

Any help is appreciated,

Lisa