Re: Escape-sequence on telnet connecton

Bryan Stansell bryan@conserver.com
Thu, 18 Jan 2007 15:56:12 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, Jan 19, 2007 at 12:11:01AM +0100, Nagy Andreas wrote:
> Or is it possible to configure wich port is provided, so I can make the first
> conection to provide the port via script and have then always the same port
> to connect to the console?

if you have a relatively small number of consoles you can use the -m and
-b options to make an effort to put consoles on a specific port.

conserver -m 32 -p 782 -b 783

you'd have a server that talked on 782 and the first 32 consoles would
be on port 783 (assuming nothing else was listening there).  in other
words, if you did a normal login/call on the port 782 server, it would
always tell you to go talk to the server on 783 for the first 32
consoles.

hope that helps!

Bryan