Quick 'execsubst' Question...

Ryan Kirkpatrick linux@rkirkpat.net
Sat, 11 Aug 2007 11:17:22 -0700 (PDT)

I am trying to setup conserver to provide access to the consoles of domUs
on a Xen server. Here is what I think should work for conserver.cf:

default * {
  master      altair;
  type        exec;
  exec        xm console .
  execsubst   .=cs
}

console xen-test        { }

Where 'altair' is the system runnin conserver (dom0) and 'xen-test' is the
domU I want to connect to. The idea is that the console name will be
appended to the 'xm console' command, saving me the trouble of doing so.

Yet, when run, conserver creates the xen-test console, but the only output
to it is from 'xm console' complaining that it requires another argument,
the domain's name (i.e. as if only 'xm console' was run). If I put 'exec
xm console exec' in to xen-test's console declaration then everything
works fine and I get xen-test's console.

What am I doing wrong with the exec subsitution? Thanks!

PS. I am using conserver 8.1.14 on Debian 4.0 (Etch).

|   "For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain."                    |
|                                            --- Philippians 1:21 (KJV)   |
|   Ryan Kirkpatrick  |  Boulder, Colorado  |  http://www.rkirkpat.net/   |