Re: Searchable archives? Best practices?

Bryan Stansell bryan@conserver.com
Tue, 30 May 2006 18:51:46 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, May 30, 2006 at 03:35:27PM -0700, Arnold de Leon wrote:
> Is there a searchable archive of the mailing list?  Are search engines
> able to crawl the archives?  It looks like they are but are they
> complete?

the search box is on the main page (http://www.conserver.com/).  ;-)
it should be complete...dunno about crawlers.

> What are considered best practices for connecting Cyclades ACS to
> conserver?  I'm transititioning an existing installation so the
> Cyclades are not on a dedicated management network.  I want to run SSH
> between conserver and the Cyclades and right now I'm contemplating
> installing an ssh key on the conserver server so it can connect to the
> Cyclades.

seems like a good path to me, but perhaps others who have actually done
it could chime in.  ;-)

i know some script a username/login using chat or expect (i assume
instead of using ssh keys).  but i suppose chat/expect could be
providing a ssh passphrase...all about the same, in my book.  no matter
what, you'd better keep *something* super-protected or risk unwanted
access.

Bryan