Re: Too much data?

keith patton kepatton1@yahoo.com
Mon, 8 May 2006 10:52:15 -0700 (PDT)

Sounds like you have a flow control problem...

The answer depends much on the device you are connected to and what it supports   ( xon/xoff , rts/cts )

  Verify what your remote device supports then turn on its corresponding option in the conserver.cf ( ie, ixon, ixoff, etc )

Keith

Chris Riddoch <chrisr@digeo.com> wrote:
Hi, folks.

One of my users pointed out that when a very large amount of data comes
in over the serial port, after a few hundred lines, some of it starts
getting lost. At first I thought this might be caused by delays in
sending logging to our samba server, but the same behavior happened when
logging locally, so I don't think it has anything in particular to do
with logging. Terra term doesn't exhibit this behavior, so it's not a
problem in whether the data is being sent properly or not, or with the
OS's handling (cough) of serial communications.

These are relatively fast connections: 119200, and it happens regardless
of how many serial ports are attached to a given machine.

Short bursts are fine -- it's only losing data on sustained bursts. Is
it possible there's a temporary buffer getting full and data is getting
lost that way? Has anybody else seen this? I don't see any relevant
options for conserver.cf...

--
Chris Riddoch
epistemological humility