Re: Telnet to conserver

Christopher Fowler cfowler@outpostsentinel.com
Fri, 31 Mar 2006 07:49:10 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 2006-03-31 at 08:30 -0700, Chris Riddoch wrote:
> In my case, I was avoiding the client because of support issues: most
> of
> the organization at my location uses Windows, and although a number of
> users have Cygwin, most of them didn't install the compilers and
> libraries necessary to build the client.  It also turns out that
> distributing a Cygwin binary from my box requires a very similar
> Cygwin
> install on other people's machines.  Or something.  It's complicated.

Well there is no Win32 code in console so it is not native.  You need
Cygwin.  a few years back I compiled a version in Cygwin and made it
available to our customers.  You do not need the Cygwin environment.
You only need the dll.  So I created a zip file that contained
console.exe and cygwin?.dll.  It worked fine on the cmd.com prompt.

It is console from 7.2.7 though.