message and exit

gregtillman gregtillman@comcast.net
Wed, 8 Mar 2006 07:43:41 -0800 (PST)

Is there any way to set up a console in conserver.cf such that consoling there simply displays a message, and then exits.  I've got the message display part, and i could leave it at that, but it's a little inelegant to have the users sit there at the 'console down' message-- it would be nice to just exit them back to the shell.   fyi, the purpose here is so we don't have to remember those few machines that have a different method for accessing consoles (like on HMCs).  thanks for any help.   - greg