Re: Newbie: minimum configuration for getting startet

Bryan Stansell bryan@conserver.com
Thu, 2 Mar 2006 16:28:05 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, Mar 02, 2006 at 01:31:39PM +0100, Simon Jespersen wrote:
> i can reach the console by telnet mr7343 2008

> Can anyone help me with a minimum configuration conserver.cf to get this
> console to work.

hi simon,

i'd suggest starting with the conserver.cf/samples/basic.cf file from
the distribution.  you should be able to just change the hostname in the
sample file to mr7343 and use only one of the 'console' lines, setting
the port value to 8.  if you're not connecting over the loopback
interface (127.0.0.1), you should adjust the access list.  aside from
that, take a look at the other options that are being set and see if
they make sense for you.

hopefully that'll get ya going pretty easily.

Bryan