Creating an Alias

Kodiak Firesmith ksf@sei.cmu.edu
Tue, 20 Jun 2006 13:48:39 -0700 (PDT)

Hello all,
I'm having a problem that is somewhat addressed in the FAQ, but the
author did not go into depth on how to fix it.  I need to create and
alias, as prescribed in FAQ #6:

6) What does "console: gethostbyname: console: host lookup error"
    mean (or something close to that)?

    When the console command was compiled, it was told to use the
    hostname "console" (what came after gethostbyname:) as the master
    conserver host.  You'll need to either reconfigure with the
    appropriate name of your conserver host (--with-master=<name>) or
    add an alias of "console".  In most cases, adding an alias is my
    suggestion.

I would like to know how and where to make this alias.

Thanks in advance!

--Kodiak