8.X config

Christopher Fowler cfowler@outpostsentinel.com
Thu, 15 Jun 2006 17:48:39 -0700 (PDT)

Hopefully someone here can give me some pointers on configuring 8.X
since I'm used to 7.X.  Here is my config:

# first, we're going to set some generic console defaults so that we
# don't have to duplicate them for each console.
default * {
        logfile /var/log/consoles/&;    # '&' is replaced with console
name
        timestamp 1hab;                 # write timestamps
        rw *;                           # allow all users
        master localhost;
        type host;
}

console fc4 {
         type uds;
         uds /home/vmware/vmware/fc4/ttyS0;
}

# set up the an access list to avoid the default
# anything *not* matched here will fallback to the default access (-a)
# mode
access * {
        trusted 127.0.0.1;
}

I'm trying to add a console that is connected via a PERL script.  The
perl script interfaces with a modem and dials a remote device.  So I do
not want it to stay connected 24x7.  I only want it to run when a user
is attached.  Any pointers?