Upgrading from version 7 to version 8.

Phillip Pacheco ppacheco@genesyslab.com
Thu, 8 Jun 2006 15:53:46 -0700 (PDT)

Conserver folks,

I am about to upgrade from conserver version 7.1.3 to 8.1.0.  I have a pre-compiled package of Conserver 8 for Sun Solaris.

I would like to know, is there a tool available to automagically convert the conserver.cf file from the 7x format to the 8x format?

I have a fairly large conserver network here, what are the implications / considerations for upgrading one server at a time?

If I am to make a temporary situation where I have 2 separate networks, is it a problem/possible to have 1 Cyclades console server be accessible by 2 separate console networks?

Phillip Pacheco

WIS-UNIX

Genesys