trying to get conserver running

Sarah Thompson Sarah.E.Thompson@noaa.gov
Wed, 15 Feb 2006 09:36:44 -0800 (PST)

I am trying to get conserver running on a Solaris 10 box.
Unfortunately, my old console server, running conserver version 4 is
totally dead, so I'm trying to piece it together.  I have both manually
made a conserver.cf which is below (thanks Bryan) and used the convert
command by manually trying to recreate the old conserver.cf.  Every time
I get the error
open(/dev/sts/ttyC40): No such file or directory: forcing down
when I run /usr/local/sbin/conserver.  My question is, is it actually
looking for a file or directory, and if so what?  Or is this related to
the hardware not seeing it?  Thanks, Sarah

### set up global access
default full    { rw *; }

### define some terminal server specifics
# we set portbase and portinc so we can reference the ports in a
# physical representation and let conserver do the math to figure
# out the actual socket address

### set up some custom break sequences
break 4 { string "+\d+\d+"; delay 300; }
break 5 { string "\033c"; }

### set the defaults for all the consoles
# these get applied before anything else
access * { allowed 127.0.0.1; }

    default digi {
        master localhost; logfile &;
        type device; baud 9600; parity none;
        host unused;
        device /dev/sts/ttyC&;
        devicesubst &=P02d;
        rw *;
    }

    console nomads1 { include digi; port 45; }
    console fdr7 { include digi; port 40 ;}