Re: perle jetstream settings

Marion Hakanson hakansom@ohsu.edu
Fri, 18 Aug 2006 16:53:13 -0700 (PDT)

hakansom@ohsu.edu said:
> BTW, is it just me, or does Sun do hardware flow control strangely?  Given

OK, it's just me.  Turns out I hadn't noticed the DCE label on the
diagram which I was comparing to a DTE diagram.  Sigh.

> Flow control didn't seem to come into play at 38.4kbps.  No sign of lost
> characters, even with no flow control enabled.

One last datapoint:  Perle has their TruePort device driver which gives
real Solaris tty's, over the network to ports on the JetStream box.  I gave
this a try with conserver, and found the same delayed-bursty output behavior
at 9600bps as when using reverse telnet.  So it seems inherent in their
buffer-polling code.

Thanks for the guidance.

Regards,

Marion