Re: filesize limit

Bryan Stansell bryan@conserver.com
Mon, 17 Apr 2006 12:27:17 -0700 (PDT)

yes, mostly.  it doesn't have any insight into "largefile" support under
32-bit solaris, so if you're running in a 32-bit environment, you'll
have a 2gb limit.  apparently all 64-bit worlds get >2g files by
default, under solaris.  i say "mostly" and "apparently" 'cause i
haven't really paid any attention to this or tried it out specifically -
but i believe it's accurate.  i assume similar things happen under linux
on 32 and 64-bit machines.

managing log files larger than 2gb would seem rather tricky to me,
nonetheless.  but that's me.  ;-)

Bryan