idletimeout issues, and kerberos authentication

Peter Saunders pajs@fodder.org.uk
Fri, 9 Sep 2005 06:00:44 -0700 (PDT)

Hi, this is more a request for feature enhancement than anything else :)

Firstly, the idletimeout seems to be currently one way only. From
conserver to the host/terminal server. Traffic being read by conserver
from the terminal server doesn't seem to trigger a reset of the idle timer.

Could this be changed, or another option be enabled? As it stands we have
terminal servers that timeout after 15 minutes, so have an idletimeout of 10.
However, most of the time, the hosts have actually written to the
console in that time, so the idletimeout isn't required to actually send
its string.

The other useful option would be direct Kerberos support. That way, it
would still authenticate users, but if they had an existing Kerberos
credential a password would not be required. I'm not sure how easy or
hard this would be to do in reality however :)

Many thanks
Pete