Re: Almost working...

Bryan Stansell bryan@conserver.com
Fri, 28 Oct 2005 08:02:06 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, Oct 28, 2005 at 03:05:49AM +0000, Rory White wrote:
> Is there something I'm doing wrong? I would expect the OK characters to
> be echoed back as part of the telnet session.

you haven't finished the login process...there's one more step (^Ec;) to
signal the server that you're ready for output.  yes, the protocol isn't
well documented (and this is something new since i wrote up the PROTOCOL
file, i believe).  if you send that, you should then see output.

are you needing to talk directly to the server without going through the
client for any particular reason?  if there's a limitation you're trying
to avoid, i'd love to hear about it.

Bryan