Almost working...

Rory White rory@orangetech.co.nz
Thu, 27 Oct 2005 20:05:59 -0700 (PDT)

I've just set up Conserver on a Fedora Core 4 linux box. I want to use
Conserver to communicate with the serial port (ttyS0) and control an
RS232 device hanging off that.

I'm testing using an external modem attached to the serial port and
minicom works fine.

The Conserver server is running fine and using "console ttyS0" I can
send an AT command and receive OK.

However when I try to use the telnet approach I don't get the OK
characters back from the modem.

I do:

telnet 192.168.0.1 782
login bob
call ttyS0

to get the port number then exit

Then I do:

telnet 192.168.0.1 38762
login bob
call ttyS0

The response comes back:

[attached]

At this point I can send AT to the modem (and the lights show that it
receives it and sends something back) but the OK character does not
appear in the telnet session.

Is there something I'm doing wrong? I would expect the OK characters to
be echoed back as part of the telnet session.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Rory White