Re: SSL, certs, and conserver (fix included)

Chris Ross cross+conserver@distal.com
Tue, 11 Oct 2005 14:50:27 -0700 (PDT)

Bryan Stansell wrote:
on my box, i do "strings /usr/local/lib/libssl.a |grep -i ADH" and get:

EXP-ADH-RC4-MD5
ADH-RC4-MD5
EXP-ADH-DES-CBC-SHA
ADH-DES-CBC-SHA
ADH-DES-CBC3-SHA
ADH-AES128-SHA
ADH-AES256-SHA
ALL:!ADH:+RC4:@STRENGTH
ALL:!ADH:+RC4:@STRENGTH

i'm not sure if those disappear if you compile openssl without the
anonymous ciphers.  but if the library doesn't have references to them,
that's probably it.

Sorry it took me so long to get back to this...

Sadly, that doesn't tell me much. I get:

% strings /usr/sfw/lib/libssl.so.0.9.7 |grep -i ADH
EXP-ADH-RC4-MD5
ADH-RC4-MD5
EXP-ADH-DES-CBC-SHA
ADH-DES-CBC-SHA
ADH-DES-CBC3-SHA
ADH-AES128-SHA
ADH-AES256-SHA
ALL:!DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA:!DHE-DSS-AES256-SHA:!AES256-SHA:!ADH:+RC4:@STRENGTH
ALL:!DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA:!DHE-DSS-AES256-SHA:!AES256-SHA:!ADH:+RC4:@STRENGTH
ALL:!DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA:!DHE-DSS-AES256-SHA:!AES256-SHA:!ADH:+RC4:@STRENGTH
%

So, about the same thing...

  Anyone have any idea if I can compile a program against
the libraries to confirm or debate the suspicion that my
conserver SSL problems are based on the way OpenSSL
was modified and/or built?  Or a suggestion as to what
calls I would use to write one myself...

Thanks...

- Chris