Re: conserver -> cyclade, ssh timeouts

Christopher Fowler cfowler@outpostsentinel.com
Mon, 10 Oct 2005 18:49:50 -0700 (PDT)

Tune the keep alives to be more often.  I think the default is 7200
seconds.  Make it 300?

I had the same issue with VPN tunnels between devices that needed to
stay connected but were quiet.  I told pppd to send an echo packet every
60 seconds.  That solved that problem.

Some firewalls/routers may be intelligent enough to see a keep alive and
not count it.  I'm not a pro on that subject so I'm not sure.

What concerns me most is why the Cyclades box does not see the failed
connection.  when this happens are you basically locked out of that port
until you do something like a reboot on the Cyclades?  If so I would
call support and ask if there is a patch that fixes this.