Re: Controlling a client session with Perl/Expect

Christopher Fowler cfowler@outpostsentinel.com
Mon, 28 Nov 2005 17:31:30 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 2005-11-28 at 17:22 -0800, Paul Waleski wrote:
> I'll need to know where to get this module and any documemtation.

You'll have to write your own.

This is a module we hacked out for internal use.  I've attached it and
if you want to make enhancements please do so and return.  It works
great.

my $con = Console->new('192.168.1.120', 'console', 'root', 'password');
$con->connect();
my $socket = $con->getConnection();

Give expect the file handle and you're done!

I've sent this to the list because all can benefit and it is "free"
code.  Just share all you do so all can enjoy the better code.
I've not had time to include more OOP type error handling. This was a
quick hack that we use to connect and do testing for our devices
attached to our console servers.