SSL and conserver

Bryan Stansell bryan@conserver.com
Thu, 26 May 2005 18:14:22 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, May 26, 2005 at 11:00:35PM +0100, Michael Doyle wrote:
> Can anyone give me an example of using conserver with generated ssl cert's
> (i.e. -c file) for both the server and client. I've compiled conserver with

well, i was going to try and give a good, useful answer.  but, it all
fell apart once i started trying things out.

it looks like the cert bits are broken.  i'm not sure *why* it's broken,
however.  i dunno if certs just aren't being properly presented or if
the validation bits aren't set up right or what.  *something* has
changed.  either in conserver (which surprises me...i didn't think i
touched any openssl code in, well, a long time) or something wasn't
coded appropriately to the api (and it just happened to work) or they
changed something (which would also surprise me).

so, it's kinda back to the basics for me and the ssl code.  :-(

(unless someone can tell where it's all going wrong)

Bryan