ssh/initcmd problem/bug?

Mark Wedel Mark.Wedel@Sun.Com
Thu, 22 Dec 2005 14:37:52 -0800 (PST)

Running conserver 8.12 on solaris 9/sparc.

I have a console entry set up like:

console somehost {
        break 2;
        type exec;
        initcmd "/export/connect-script";
 	exec ssh -l admin somehost;
}

This works all fine when I add the console and send the signal to conserver - the ssh command is run, and initcmd does its thing.

This also works if conserver automatically re-runs this, for example, if a user logged out/exited the ssh session.

The problem is that if a user uses the (re)open option (^Eco) - I'll see the output from the ssh connection, but no input gets passed along to ssh - this basically makes it such that the console is basically useless.

If I go and remove the entry from the config file, signal conserver, then re-add it, all is well again. But this isn't a very convenient solution.

I'd think this is a bug someplace in the code given that the other operations work expectedly. I don't have this problem that use the built in connection interface (host/port) with initcmd - only those using ssh (that is the only exec command I am using right now).